Friday, December 4, 2009

Friends Like This.....

I just got an email from one of my Girls inviting me to stop by tonight for cocktail hour. She's serving Blackberry Mint martinis.

Did I mention she lives in Idaho and I live in Oregon?

This is the same GF that sends me random texts that say: "I hate people". And updates me regularly on the weather conditions in BoHo.

Everyone, meet Kristin.

I got another email today, from yet another one of my Girls, telling me that after I left the party last night (Civil War, people......win or lose: Beaver Nation still Rules. The Oregon Ducks SUCK.) someone might have gotten a little pyro with a Chiminea.....which ultimately resulted in cans of vegetables exploding from said fire reciptacle like bottle rockets.


She assured me no one was injured. I commented that the good shit always happens after I leave.......


Everyone, meet Tracy.


And I started my morning off by receiving an early bird email from another of my Girls, telling me she really didn't have anything to report. But did she mention that it was freezing in The Sham? The wind blowing so hard she was fairly certain she'd just lost a nipple to a gust of wind......and would I like to come for a visit and help her fold 17 loads of laundry?

Everyone, meet Lynda.


These are "The Girls".

My Girls.

Each one offers a hand when life has literally got me down. And each one is willing to shove my ass off the curb (and into the path of an on-coming vehicle) should my mouth overrun my brain.

OR, if I'm just desperately in need of a reality check.

Each has their own unique perspective, personality & charm, but they all have one thing in common: M-E.

And I am certain I could not navigate this world without them.

1 comment:

  1. The blackberry martinis were EXCELLENT, sorry you missed it.

    ReplyDelete