Friday, January 1, 2010

Love Life

It's New Year's Eve, People. A time for reflection. And if you either (a) know me, OR (b) have been reading my blog, then you know that tonight of all nights, there will be drinking. I find that reflecting and drinking make sweet companions.

(Editor's note: Ruminating and drinking also make wonderful partners, but ruminating requires more time, more effort and isn't quite as festive.)

It seems the logical starting point for my reflecting should begin with Christmas, which would require a confession. You're getting reflection and confession, People.....I'm a giver.....that's me!
So, here goes: for all my bitching, and pissing and moaning.....Christmas was delightful. (It's everything leading up to Christmas that is positively painful.....!) From me to you, here you go:

My Top Five Moments of Christmas 2009:

5. Mark not setting the kitchen on fire. (Seriously....I'm prone to embellish but this really did happen last year.).

4. My children finding pleasure in the simplest of gifts (They each received a new stuffy- little dogs that neither one of them have put down since finding said dogs in their stockings).

3. Listening to my Father -in- Law say grace before Christmas dinner (Not a dry eye in the room and watching my nephew fold his little hands in his lap and bow his head- PRICELESS.).

2. Having my nephew, Jack, burst into song mid-way through the Christmas meal. Is there anything more precious than a 3yr old singing "Jingle Bells" at the top of his lungs whilst standing on his chair at the table (The answer would be N-O!)?

1. Watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" with my children, on Christmas Eve. This is simply the greatest Christmas movie, EVER. Listening to my children as they sing with the Who's down in Whoville; watching the Grinch as his heart grows three sizes on Christmas; the sheer joy on his face when he realizes Christmas doesn't come from a store. It's everything I believe in and hope to pass on to my own Monsters. This movie is my tradition.

So....I've Confessed. Let's Reflect, shall we?

Crickets.....crickets......crickets........

Yeah...... I've got nothing.

Ok, I've got a few things. But really, for a year.......shouldn't there be more?

Top Five Moments in 2oo9.....good or bad, this is the shit that sticks with me!

5. Taking my kids on their first plane ride (It was to BoHo. Thank you, KB! Best part- we hit turbulence as we descended into Portland on the return flight and my Monsters SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER and the entire plane erupted in laughter. Type A Momma Monster says: Whew!).

4. Coaching my kids' baseball team with Mark. There was some sort of Little People Meeting in the dug out and it was decided that even though I was a Coach, I'd be referred to as "Mrs. Healy". Guess who spent the entire season looking over her shoulder for her Mother-in-Law?

3. An entire bottle of bleach exploding in my laundry room. I was HIGH for days following this particular clean up and you can still eat off the floor in this room. That's how F*&^-ing clean this room is! Still!

2. Vegas with Kristin. Contractual obligations prohibit me from disclosing anything more......

1. Disneyland with my family. For the first time! Sure, the drive down and back was pure torture (nothing says "kill me now" like a 9yr old who doesn't believe her parents can actually read a map and get her to California safely and who decides that now would be a good time to suffer from panic attacks!), but everything in between was bliss.

So where does that leave us? Or, more importantly, me? What am I hoping for in the New Year? That list would take far too long......and I'm working on deadline. Quickly~

I'd like a Gay Boy Friend. I've got my eye on a certain someone and NO. He is not part of the Tracy Gay Harem.

I'd like to win the Lottery.

I'd like a Range Rover Sport. Black. With the sporty, white interior & black stitching.

I'd like to take Ballroom Dance Lessons.

I'd like to learn French.

And what would a New Year be without the typical, PLEASE GOD, LET ME LOSE A GOOD 15 POUNDS!!!

But really, as I slide into 2010....and approach my 4oth year...... I'd like to Be Brave. I'd like to believe that I really am a Super Woman. That I can do anything I set my mind to. I'd like to see myself as others see me, which is, apparently, splendid. And glorious.

And Snarky.

And, of course, naturally, Brunette.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my little sister you do have a way with words...I am so enjoying your blog, Gina posted a link on her facebook. You should consider writing a book, you are truely gifted.

    ReplyDelete