Friday, January 8, 2010

G-L-O-R-I-A!

My mother emailed me and said she was going to look at a loveseat that her friend wanted her to have. Did I think that a white, leather loveseat would work in her living area better than the sofa she's got....?

Wow. Where to begin?

First, let me tell you that this friend is one of my mother's dearest friends and this offer is coming from her heart. Second, let me tell you that she is clearing out her father's home as he is being moved to a care facility. That's sad. Third, let me tell you that I know that every furnishing in this home is circa late 70's to 80's. Again with the sadness.........

So. Now that you know this, care to wager what the Snarky Brunette's response to her mother was?

If you were anywhere in the vicinity of: "Oooooooh, tough call. I'd need to see it, Mother, to really give you perspective, but my gut is saying white, leather loveseat circa 1980 screams left-over Disco Shame.", you may award yourself 100 snarky points!

My mother's reply: You're probably right......would you like it?

Oy.

1 comment:

  1. So when do you have the "new" loveseat moving in?? :) I'm sure everyone would be SO jealous of you!! The reason is sad but still ...

    ReplyDelete