Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Who's on First?

Here's what I know:

1. I haven't had a cocktail since last Friday. And prior to that, I hadn't had a cocktail in a week!
(People say, "Whaaaaaaaat?")

That particular cocktail knocked me on my ass.

FINE! It's was five cocktails.

And I totally blame KB.
(IM-ing and sharing cocktail hour with KB apparently makes me DRUNK!)

2. We won our third game tonight. It took an inning or two for our players to settle down, but once they got in the groove, they were on fire! And speaking of fire, this Coach almost lit one under the opposing team's field coach.

Who called my player out.

Even tho he was safe by like........... a mile!

I turned to my Score Keeper to make sure I wasn't just A Chick Who Don't Know Ball, and I got the Kid was Safe nod. Which prompted me to yell: TIE GOES TO THE RUNNER, COACH!, as I'm heading out of the dugout. Which prompted Mark to give me The Look.

I hate The Look. It means I'm supposed to simmer down; or shut my yap. Or both.

In this particular instance it meant both. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, it was a reminder that we promote Good Sportsmanship and I had 9 players with their eyes on me.

(insert me doing my best Napoleon Dynamite impression:) Uuuuuuuuuuuugh!

So I called my player off first.

And then I whipped out my tiny phone and fired off a text to Mark, who was standing on the pitcher's mound: These Coaches are LOONS! Are you kidding me with that call?

Mark's response: Our own Coach called him out.....that's why I waved you off......

To which I yelled from the dugout: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

The Snarky Brunette gets major points for the following:
1. Not pouring myself a cocktail the minute I got home from the game.
2. Not kicking the ass of my own Coach.
3. Practicing the art of Sportsmanship, even though at times......... it totally blows!

No comments:

Post a Comment