Wednesday, March 17, 2010

O'Irish

1 corned beef & cabbage consumed - Check.
(Leftovers will be made into Monster lunches tomorrow. At their request!)

2 pints of green beer (and the third just poured) enjoyed - Check.

3 potatoes swimming in butter, sour cream, and salt & pepper -Check. Check. Check.

One amazing salad, garnished with cranberries and sunflower seeds; so gorgeous it could have been a picture; two helpings devoured by my 7 yr old who previously claimed he hated anything with the word salad in it - CHECK.

Celtic music playing in the background while we shared our Irish meal - sea!
(pronounced sha; meaning yeah! Read {with snarky, Irish attitiude}: Um, yeah....Dumb Ass!)

I come from two parents who were adopted. I know nothing of my heritage. But I've built a life on being Irish. I've got the last name; the green eyes and the strong will!

Does The Snarky Brunette drink beer? No.

Green beer? Oh hell no!

But The Snarky Brunette can swill vodka like no body's business......and vodka is made from potatoes.........and Ireland made potatoes famous..........and once again, we've come full circle.

The Snarky Brunette + vodka+ March 17 equals:

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

I'm off to pour my third vodka........ Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment