Thursday, February 11, 2010

Love in a box.......

I just got a package from Kristin.

She emailed me Monday and told me to expect something. I told her I'd just weighed myself and I hoped whatever she bought me came in size Fatso!

She never responded.

The package was a styrofoam cooler. With a warning about how what was inside the cooler was packed in dry ice and how I needed to be cautious when opening the package...... Hmmmmm?

If the sender was anyone but Kristin I'd be concerned about opening said package and perhaps losing my life. Or a limb. But it's Kristin, so I commenced to rip and tear.

Gently.

Once I got the lid off, I found an invoice: Valentine Taste Pack.

If that doesn't scream FATSO, I don't know what does!

The company's logo is darling: Made by Hand, Baked with Love. And then I spied the enclosure message: Friendship is when people know all about you, but like you anyway. ~KB

And then I burst into tears.
(See I told you I was sensitive!)

Leave it to Kristin to blow my Valentine's rant.......
(Within an hour of me posting it!)

But watch how this works, People: Yes. It came from a store. BUT. It was completely unexpected. And the gesture borne from years of friendship. A friendship built on mutual affection, a few tears and a boat load of laughter (sometimes at other people's expense!). And the message was a note that was written from the heart.

That is love.

And because The Snarky Brunette's feelings on Valentine's Day just became a little softer, I'll wait until next week to KICK KRISTIN'S ASS FOR SENDING ME 24 MINIATURE CUPCAKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment