Saturday, February 27, 2010

Just Jack

Jack is here.

He is staying with us for the weekend to allow his Mother time to locate what's left of her sanity. Her husband AND her son are gone for the weekend. She is literally left with nothing but the voices in her head to keep her company!
(And two really annoying yapper dogs.......)

Jack & Gina arrived at the crack of dawn. I could hear him yammering away as he was tugging his suitcase up my steps. His suitcase is designed for a wee tot such as himself and was one of his birthday presents from Auntie M & Co. The Teletubbies are emblazoned on the front of the case. Hideous to an adult? Sure is. Totally stone-y and fresh to a 3 yr old? YES!

I opened the door and received my usual greeting: "Ine here!" The Monsters were with me so he didn't have to ask where his kids were. As he pushed past me I said: "Hey Dude. I love your suitcase." He turned back around to face me, his little face beaming with pride and said:"Thith my tubby case! Ine spending the night wifs yous!", and then he collapsed into a fit of giggles.

Seriously, there is nothing better than being your own best audience!
(And I would totally know......!)

Because Jack is three and it takes about an hour and twenty minutes to get from his house to mine, I asked him if he needed to go potty. I was told NO.

Auntie M: Are you sure? Let's try.....

J: Nope. Ine good.

A.M.: Dude. We don't want to have an accident.....let's go Big Whiz.

J: I juth went Big Whiz...........IN MY PANTS!

As I turn to my sister to inquire of the pee pants situation, she simply gives me the hand and says, "I need some coffee." To which Jack replies, "Hey Guys! Whut about thith pee in my pants?"

************************

The scene: My son's bedroom. Jack has been in the house for a total of 15 minutes and Sam's room is already littered with cars, actions figures and books. Gina is sitting on the bed, getting ready to say her goodbyes to her son when she whispers something in his ear. Jack then leaps off the bed and comes to stand directly in front of me.

Jack: Hey Auntie M? Wanna here'd my duck joke?

A.M.: Absolutely!

Jack: Oh-Kay! Auntie M? How does a duck learned to fly?

A.M.: How does a duck learn to fly? (To which Jack yells: Yeah! How dooze he?!) Ummmm....I don't know, how does he?

Jack: He juth wings it! (insert my Dude jumping up to catch some serious air while flapping his "wings"!!)

*************************************

The scene: Jack. In the tub. Surrounded by bubbles. And cars. And rubber ducks. And many, many pirate ships. After an hour and a half at the park (which included lots of running of both the wee tot and our golden retriever!); an hour of playing in the backyard with The Monsters; and the rest of the day spent running up and down (and up and down, and up and down!) Auntie M's stairs- Jack is filthy. I am attempting to multi task: clean the wee one with a bath and clean The Monster's bathroom as well.

Jack is chattering away (he hasn't stopped since he arrived!) and attempting to make 3 pointers from the middle of the tub with Sam's Nerf Basketball set.

Jack: Auntie M? What's thith? (he asks while pointing at the soap ledge that is built into the tub)

A.M.: That's for soap, Dude. You know, the kind of soap that is shaped like a rectangle.....

Jack: Oh yeah! I know weck-tangels! So what's this? (he asks while holding Sam's bottle of Bakugan shower gel)

A. M.: That's liquid soap, Dude. It smells like watermelons.....it's good.
(And then I proceed to mimic Jim Carrey & Morgan Freeman, Bruce Almighty style:)It's good. It's good. It's gooooooood!

Jack bursts out laughing and says while shaking his gigantic head: Ur weally funny, Auntie M.....weally funny!

Now it's my turn to burst into laughter; so hard my shoulders shake and I have tears in my eyes. I love this kid so much, it hurts! I turn to face him and I say through my giggles: Jack? I love you so much.

Jack: How much?

"To infinity and beyond, Dude."

Jack: Hey! Juth like Buzz!

**************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment